Welcome to our site. We are two moms who love to cook, save money, and make healthier adjustments to our home life. We would like to share our experiences, money saving tools, tips, resources, and more with our readers. Happy reading and many blessings to you!!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Afternoon's

So this morning started off wonderfully. I had a great morning walking with Vanessa, and my friend Kim. Walking and talking with the ladies have become a great way to start my days off, especially since the starting of the 17 day diet in mid December I've lost 22 lbs. I still have so much more weight to lose, but the journey to a healthier lifestyle has been an exciting adventure, and I cant believe I have got so many people joining me on my journey for the same goal. This is wonderful thing! Nothing ore exciting than a group of couples trying to achieve the same goals together, sharing our struggles, recipes, and down falls.

So today as I plan out my day and dinner recipes for the next few days I will share my Enchilada Sauce Recipe. I will never again buy sauce in the store. Its super easy to make and so much tastier.

Enchilada Sauce:
3/4 C. Chili Powder
3/4 C. Flour
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Oregano
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Cumin
12-13 C. Water
32 oz. Tomato Sauce

Directions:
Combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Stirring ingredients well add enough water to make a thin paste. In a large pot of water, cover and boil. Add the thin paste, and heat on med. heat until mixture thickens.Add tomato sauce, reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens, and flavors meld. (about 15 min.) Use in your favorite enchilada recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment