Welcome to our site. We are two moms who love to cook, save money, and make healthier adjustments to our home life. We would like to share our experiences, money saving tools, tips, resources, and more with our readers. Happy reading and many blessings to you!!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fabric Softner

Okay so its no secret  that I make laundry soap. How many of you use fabric softner? Okay truth is most of us do. I must admit I have used anothers great idea for economizing and made it work for us! I love my clothes feeling soft and smelling oh so good, dont we all? Lets see now, how many loads do you typically get from a bottle of fabric softner, about 30 if your lucky. Honestly I would go through a bottle a week. There goes another $30-$35 a month.

I couldnt give up on the softner (I tried). So here Im gonna tell you a great way to get the most bang for your buck.

Things you will need:

2.5-3 gal bucket (or rubbermaid style box container, something sealable)
Favorite Fabric Softner (Use a NAME brand one, their thicker and will last longer for this recipe)
8-10 sponges cut in half

Pour contents of softner into clean bucket (all of it!)
Fill softner bottle with water 2x's and pour into bucket
Add sponges.

When you put your laundry in the dryer take a sponge squeeze out excess liquid toss in dryer, dry as usual. Once load is dry remove sponge and add to bucket for re-use.

You have made reusable dryer sheets, that will last for years!
This bucket of softner will last a long time.


My first experience making this I bought a Large container of softner from a club store, and followed this recipe, uuhhh yeah lasted 1 1/2 years. I kid you not. Now is that economizing or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment